Friday, September 25, 2009

The Hidden Blessing of Bronchitis!

I have bronchitis for the first time since I was just a teenager. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have been virtually sleepless nights. I was in the midst of a pity party because I missed choir rehearsal, which is a highlight of my week. However, in the midst of the sadness and sorrow, I have had some great inspiration from the Word of God.
I mentioned to several folks at the beginning of this month that I had spent a lot of time thinking about the hymn "Sweet Hour of Prayer" (click on the title to read the story and complete lyrics of this great hymn). I have been so convicted about the amount of time I spend truly seeking God. I have prayed to the Lord that I could become even more disciplined in my time with Him. So due to a little perspective change I now realize the blessing of bronchitis, Jesus has allowed me to get up Super early the last few mornings and spend some more time with Him. I love Jesus. I'm so thankful that He saved me and called me to serve Him in full time ministry.

No comments: