Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What is going on in the world?


I think sometimes we are all going lazy and crazy. We just sit back and wait and hope for things to happen. I am becoming more positive that as the days of our lives get more wicked we are going to have to stand up and take action. I sickens me to watch our country being dragged through the mud by our current president. In the past months he has paraded around the world and tried to be a rock star and with his popularity tell the world that America is the worst, but he gonna make it all better. I remember a passage I read in an ancient manuscript that said "blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. We continue to slip and slide farther away from that every day. I was thinking this morning how uncertain things are. Then I read O. Chambers this morning and the title was The Graciousness of Uncertainty. He discussed how inclined we are to be mathematical. We need a conclusion we need control. Then he said this and it has help me gain my perspective for the day. "Certainty is the mark of the common-sense life: gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth." I don't know what this presidency will bring. I assure you I'm not optimistic. However, God knows what is going to happen. And if i will simply dive into what he has for me i will be overwhelmed with HIS peace and CERTAINTY. That is all i need. A real and right relationship with Jesus Christ. Make sure my family knows and understands the riches he offers and focus on Him not on the "world affairs".

God is Good.

No comments: