Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Trim the Limbs


The trees were drooping and it was getting very difficult to duck under them while I mowed so Abbey and I got to work and corrected the problem. She's quite a worker, but take a look at Bryant (at the bottom of this post) It seems he can stare at hard work for hours and is not bothered.(but he sure is cute.)
When I would pass by the small insignificant dangly limbs I would have to lower my head and close my eyes to keep myself from injury. Do you realize how hard it is to stay on track with your head down and your eyes closed. The limbs had to go!
Removing the limbs from the tree I began to think about the dangling annoyances that constantly trouble me in my spiritual journey. Millions of things cause constant distraction or aggravation maybe even sin. All this stuff can hinder me from worshiping God in spirit and truth. I think we should all take a close look at the dark corners of our hearts. Perhaps there are some "limbs" that need to be trimmed. It would be wonderful if I could say it will be easy to get rid of this stuff. That is not always the case. As a matter of it is impossible for you to accomplish by yourself, but the good news is that God's grace will assist us with the clean up/out. Our sins and short comings are against God and Him alone. I think we should "trim the limbs" open our eyes and get on track. Remember: "worship is not an event it is a lifestyle" Let's be faithful to our King.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: